Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year...ummm...about that....

So there I was uber excited about my new years eve date night.  Our plans felt very 1st date-ish, since we'd be hopping to 2 locations to celebrate us and the new year.  First stop dinner and then on to a house party with good friends...


I spent a lot of  time getting my hair ready...that's a whole other story that I'll save for those naturally kinky-curly sistahs!  Anyway, I carefully laid out my outfit: black skinny jeans and a cute festive sparkly sweater.  Now those who know me know that I love a good costume change (must be the dancer in me!), so instead of changing my entire outfit I opted to change my shoes...one pair of suede wedged stilettos for dinner, and my lovely new black leather thigh-high boots courtesy of my adoring husband.  Yup, I was beyond ready.

My mom had already made plans to take my delicious little Brownie for the evening so the hubby and I could enjoy a wonderful grownup night out. 


We decided to dine at a cute and cozy little Japanese Sushi Bar not far from our home. 










So there we were having an amazing time...until...until...that delicious plate of Lobster Ravioli arrived soaking in a cream sauce.  It was so delicious that I basically inhaled it! Then, came a gurgle, a grumble, and a rumble from way down in my belly.  Uh oh! I was in serious trouble.  We ended our fabulous outing and home I went.  I said 2 prayers to the porcelain god (aka the toilet)...and laid down.  My hubby joined me after taking the baby from his mom's to my mom's.  I only needed an hour of sleep, I thought to myself.  I set my alarm for 10:00 P.M. 

Well, the next thing I know I was awakened by loud crackling noises and explosions.  I grabbed by cell phone and the time was 12:01 A.M.

So this is how we spent New Year's Eve 2010...
*Peep the makeup still on my face!*

Pahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! HI-LAR-I-OUS!

Well, I missed the festivities, but woke up in the arms of the man who knows my heart and keeps my spirit at peace.  Happy New Year!

This is Zuri's Umi...follow my chronicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment