Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Time is not on my side...


60 seconds in a minute
60 minutes in an hour
24 hours in a day
7 days in a week
4 weeks in a month
12 months in a year

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

None of it is on my side...

This juggling act is so real!  Anyone  woman who works fulls time, has children, runs an outside venture, goes to school, is a wife, and wants a social life totally understands my pain about the time factor.  Where does it go?  There are some days when I really feel like it speeds up just to best me!

You see, just when I thought I had a break, I was wrong!  Let me backtrack for a bit...Amid the tutus and ticket sells of my 4th year program recital, I felt relief on its way.  As soon as the curtain closed, TIME would finally be on my side.  We would play nice until September when the craziness of my balancing act would see its way back into my life.  Boy oh boy was I wrong!!!!

The curtain closed and I was staring at a pile of work and other commitments.  Here's my summer work to do list:
Mon-Wed teach summer performing arts camp 9-3
Write script for camp performance and create 3 separate dance pieces
Thurs meetings with curriculum team at work

Write 3rd and 4th grade pacing schedule for upcoming school year (Note: 24 weeks are due every week)
Meet with Dance staff and plan for upcoming dance season (5th year anniversary) @ least twice
Meet with 5th year anniversary parents group @ least 3-4x's
Revise dance proposal for upcoming year
Write curriculum for launch of new additions to dance program
Advertise for dance program
Plan sister's bridal shower and bachelorette party
Start the process of purchasing a home

Ummmm....spend time with family and friends....uhhhhh....yeah....

Every time I think of the things I have to complete, I begin to have a minor anxiety attack..

WOO-SAH, WOO-SAH, WOO-SAH!

Breathe, Umi, Breathe!

I can and I will!

Sometimes you have to take time to just write a blog, eat a snack, kiss your beautiful husband and daughter, roll up your sleeves and do what you gotta do! 


Dear Time,
You may not be on my side this summer, but I got you next summer!!!!

This is Zuri's Umi...follow my chronicles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment